Bartram Fitness is growing!
We are seeking qualified, motivated individuals to offer branded fitness classes in our Flex Room. The space is outfitted with aerobic flooring, a mirrored wall, sound system, ceiling and floor fans, and a water fountain and bottle filler in the room. We have evening and weekend openings (days are not available once school is out, due to our Summer Camp program) and are looking to provide Bartram Springs residents with the most popular, engaging and FUN fitness opportunities!
We require the following:
- A Group Fitness or Personal Training Certification from at least one nationally accredited program, such as NASM or ACE.
- A license or certification from a branded fitness program, such as Zumba/Zumba Specialties, High Fitness, Piloxing, Pound, R.I.P.P.E.D, etc.
- A certification in First Aid/CPR/AED
- A current and appropriate Certificate of Liability Insurance
You do not have to live in the neighborhood to offer classes, but please know our offerings are for residents and their registered guests only.
Those interested, please email General Manager Sue O’Lear at email@example.com.
SUMMER POSITIONS – APPLY NOW!!
If you or someone you know is interested in seasonal summer work, NOW IS THE TIME TO APPLY. We will have all of our summer positions filled, onboarded, and trained/scheduled for training by Spring Break. If you want to work as a Pool/Party Monitor, Lifeguard, or Camp Counselor, fill out the application now and plan to join us at the fair! Questions? Email Sue O’Lear, General Manager!
POOL/PARTY MONITORS: Bartram Pool and Party Monitors are GREAT entry-level
opportunities for the candidate who may not be ready for/interested in Lifeguard
certification just yet, but would still like to be out and about around the pool and our
patrons. Skills that we will look for/build on will be an outgoing, friendly personality (customer service), conversational skills (communication between resident/party guest and office staff, communication of slide and pool deck rules) and attention to detail (working with checklists for the setup/execution/cleanup of parties and recognizing proper and improper use of the slide). Positions start as seasonal (Spring Break through September 30th), but could be upgraded to year-round for the right candidate, and
successful Pool/Party Monitors will have first consideration to move up to
Lifeguards/Camp Counselors next year.
LIFEGUARDS: Bartram Springs Lifeguards are our frontline team members during our busy and active spring/summer season. We prefer the candidate who has previous swim experience (swim team, swim lessons, or camp is great, previous Lifeguard
experience is a plus). Red Cross Certification Courses will be made available at a
reduced cost for non-certified candidates. Lifeguards are responsible for the safety and well being of all pool users, and accepted candidates will be expected to focus 100% on pool patrons, communicate professionally, understand and utilize the chain of
communication between other guards and management staff, and be willing and able to provide assistance in potentially high-stress situations. Lifeguards are expected to have availability for the entirety of the season, from time of certification through
September 30th, and only those who complete the season will be considered for future openings. (Note: once school starts, Lifeguards are needed Friday afternoon/evenings, Saturdays and Sundays).
CAMP COUNSELORS: Bartram Springs Summer Camp is an exciting opportunity for the older candidate who enjoys kids, has babysitting or childcare experience, a possible interest in teaching or education, and who wants to create an exceptional experience for our Bartram kids. We prefer candidates who are 18 and older, though we will make an exception for the stellar candidate. Counselors will become CPR/First Aid
certified at time of orientation/training. Positions are seasonal and can be part or full time, though we will only consider candidates who have availability for the entirety of the camp season.
We understand that, for many, these positions are often a first job experience, and we are excited to help coach and develop young employees. We do, however, have high standards and expect our summer staff to want to excel in their roles. Here are some additional expectations:
- All candidates will need to completely fill out the online application (links above), and complete either a scheduled interview.
- All above positions are subject to a background check and drug screen. We will offer a date onsite at a nearby property for any candidate who has completed the interview; otherwise, we will send a referral for the candidate to visit a lab nearby
- Candidates will be required to complete an onboarding program that will require computer access, completion of tax forms, provision of I-9 documents, and direct deposit information (if desired). Additionally, there will be a portion of training that is completed online, comprised of a series of modules to watch/listen to and then answer a series of questions. Employees will be compensated for this time automatically.
- Candidates who complete onboarding will need to download the Paycom app to their phone or tablet to receive schedules and view pay stubs. Employees will be hourly and clock in and out in the Amenity Office only.
- Staff Meetings and Continuing Education Opportunities will be scheduled one Monday per month and will be considered MANDATORY.
- Cell Phones and/or Ear Buds are ABSOLUTELY NOT PERMITTED once a staff member has clocked in to begin work. Likewise, we expect staff members to be working any time they are on the clock; please apply sunscreen, use the bathroom, have breakfast, put your belongings away, etc. prior to clocking in for your shift.
- Many of our summer team members live in the neighborhood, which can be a great thing! However, the temptation to socialize with friends or family while working can be great. Please know that, while working, we expect our employees to be 100% focused on work. Likewise, when not working, we expect off-the-clock employees to allow others to work without distractions.
Time Off Policy: We understand that families use summer break to take vacations & spend time
together, and we will make every effort to accommodate requests for time off. However, these are seasonal positions, and we are open (and busy) for every summer holiday from Spring Break through Labor Day, and, for some positions, on through September 30th.
We expect our seasonal employees to be available for work.
Requests for time off for the summer need to be submitted PRIOR TO ONBOARDING;
those made later in the season are not guaranteed and are subject to refusal based on factors including (but not limited to) previous requests and staff availability.
Posted schedules are considered final; employees need to seek coverage and obtain approval from management for any changes sought after a schedule is published.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Sue O’Lear, General Manager